A multi-faceted and highly experienced Network Support Engineer with extensive technical acumen, exceptional, hands-on systems support expertise gained through a progressive career as well as a Master of Science in Network Security. Seeking to integrate over ten years of experience in telecom, IP and wireless technologies combined with a multitude of technical skills and a passionate commitment to excellence in a challenging new professional capacity within a progressive organization.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Technical Acumen and Academic Excellence: Proficient in all aspects of complex network design, configuration, security, monitoring and troubleshooting. Noted subject matter expert, evident through consistent recognition for outstanding performance. Possess a firm grounding in cutting edge wireless technologies, as well as a developed proficiency in IP networking, network security, internet commerce regulations, business continuity and disaster recovery.
Operational Efficiency: Excellent communicator and leader in working and collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve uniform business goals and objectives. Dynamic, results-oriented professional; prepared to go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure organizational goals are met. Effectively manage multiple projects with strict adherence to deadlines and corporate standards.
Impeccable Work Ethic: Drive initiatives and lead complex technical projects in order to minimize customer impact, improve network reliability/quality of customer experience. Remain focused on optimizing productivity while maintaining the corporate mission, vision and goals combined with highest standards of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
DEPAUL UNIVERSITY Chicago, Illinois 2000 to 2005
Master of Science: Computer and Network Security
– Completed course work in Voice, Data and Wireless Communication; Information and Network Security; Legal Issues in Network Security and Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery.
Key member of highly skilled team of specialists on numerous concurrent academic projects:
– Built a production-like corporate IP network infrastructure from the ground up by utilizing Cisco routers, IDS and PIX firewalls.
– Gained hands-on experience by researching, planning, designing, implementing and rolling-out a disaster recovery and business continuity plan from the ground up.
– Gained an in-depth knowledge of IP networking, SIP Protocol, WiFi, WiMax and other technologies.
BANGALORE UNIVERSITY Bangalore, India 1990 to 1995
Bachelor of Science: Electronics Engineering
– Completed course work in Digital Circuits, Antenna & Propagation, Microwave & Radar, RF Design.
COLLEGE OF DuPAGE Wheaton, Illinois 2013
Completed course work for CCNA certification, CCNA Certified Sept 30, 2013
AT&T QMS Hoffman Estates, Illinois 2010
Completed Six Sigma Green Belt training, Greenbelt Certified
AT&T Mobility Hoffman Estates, Illinois 2008 to Present
Principal Member of Technical Staff – Mobility Advanced Technical Support Organization
• Lead a team of tier-III network support engineers responsible for troubleshooting and resolving complex network issues related to 3G voice, LTE data and VoLTE services. Assist the team members with escalated technical issues and provide coaching and training as needed.
• Utilize extensive technical expertise to provide real-time technical support for outages and issues related to Alcatel-Lucent MME, 3GMSC and VoIP Media Gateway platforms within a large-scale 3G/LTE/IMS mobile broadband network; utilize end-to-end network knowledge and expertise; collect and analyze log captures, KPIs, alarms and network traces.
• Interface with executive team as a subject matter expert and provide technical analysis, updates and RCAs for critical issues and outages.
• Serve as a trusted advisor, subject matter expert and idea generator; interface effectively with Tier-I and II teams, design and planning teams, leadership, vendors and network operation personnel on variety of technical issues, discuss quality and performance metrics and ensure network reliability.
• Partner with AT&T Labs and vendors during feature, equipment and software certification testing in the lab and in the production. Support new feature and technology insertion initiatives.
• Implement strategic technical solutions to minimize outage frequency as well as duration through forensic data analysis from network elements; identify potential patterns of unexpected behavior.
• Proactively identify known defect signatures and define the least intrusive recovery processes. Conduct root cause analysis and identify any gaps in processes or procedures, ensure issues identified in the RCA are resolved and solutions are applied to all nodes of the AT&T mobility network.
• Develop and test detailed method of procedures for the introduction of new feature/ technology and facilitate field implementation. Perform risk assessment on MOPs.
• Identify feature/functionality in need of enhancement or rectification while consistently implementing strategic means for optimization.
• Publish technical bulletins, develop and deliver technical/procedural documentation and diagrams.
» Received several Customer Rules Awards for exceptional contribution and impeccable work ethic.
LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES Naperville, Illinois 1998 to 2000
Lab Integration Engineer (2000 to 2008)
• Served as an integral team member on a team specializing in the design, development, monitoring, support, troubleshooting and testing for UMTS MSC and Media Gateway Solutions on the Lucent Soft Switch platform, working within a lab environment equipped with 5ESS, Solaris / Linux servers, routers, switches, simulators and test equipment.
• Completed installation, configuration and maintenance of IP/ATM devices (Cisco, Juniper, Lucent, Avaya, Netgear and HP) as well as Solaris / Linux-based systems and VoIP media gateways (Cisco and Lucent). Managed software and hardware inventory and licenses.
• Effectively managed all aspects of laboratory work; performed system back-ups and recoveries; documented test / provisioning procedures and network diagrams.
• Interfaced with vendors to identify, analyze and order new software, hardware and equipment.
• Provided comprehensive technical support, training and mentorship to lab users; motivated staff to perform at optimal levels of productivity and professionalism through leading by example.
Installation Engineer (1998 to 2000)
• Developed thorough knowledge and expertise in a variety of technical equipment and practices by completing the successful installation of 5ESS, DSL and optical equipment in a Central Office / field environment; ensured compliance with procedure, project specs, drawings and handbooks.
• Worked closely with installation personnel to improve, monitor and inspect fire stopping, ironwork, cabling and grounding procedures /practices.
• Thoroughly inspected completed jobs to ensure installation quality standards; identified deficiencies in practices and provided means of optimization and enhancement as needed.
• Unix; Linux; Cisco IOS; Juniper JUNOS; Windows.
Protocols & Technologies:
• LTE; VoLTE; VoIP, UMTS; GSM; Ethernet; VLAN; Spanning Tree; TCP/IP; VRRP; HSRP; OSPF; BGP; H248; SIP; Wi-Fi; SS7; ATM; T1; E1; SONET; OC-3; OC-48; Firewall; IDS.
• Tektronix (GeoProbe, Iris, G10), Cisco (2601, 4509, 7609, MGX 8850 and PIX); Juniper (M10, M20 and M40); Lucent (PSAX 2300, 4500, GX 550; Soft Switch; cPSB; ATCA); Sun Netra 100 and 1120; Avaya Cajun 333R; HP ProCurve; NetGear; LinkSys; Telica P9000; Fluke Optiview; Wire Shark, Access7.